Can't receive money

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Someone want send me money and he says that I don't have valid paypal account and that's why they can't send me payment.

I get this message:

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed.

Also, when I click on Request Money on Paypal I got this:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

when i try add my card it says:

You have already successfully entered the 4-digit PayPal code and confirm this card.

Where is the problem? Before I used to receive money from anyone on my paypal account and now I can't

My paypal is verified with a Visa Electron credit card issued in Croatia.

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

hesam

i've just oppened a paypal account which has been verifyed by my visa debit card.

but i couldn't receive money when i asked someone to send me 50$ ! 

how can i solve this problem?

http://www.imagesup.net/?di=1414176469051

Login to Me Too

mstone-es

Have sold sme cards, the payer says that Pay Pal are saying I am not registered, the transaction link in my I D is invalid, what does this mean and how can I sort it out. mstone-es

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi mstone-es,

Welcome to our community page.

I am sorry to hear that. Your email address is the only thing somebody needs to send you money. As soon as the payment has been credited to your PayPal account, we will notify you by email. You may then withdraw the funds to your bank account straight away or keep the money in your PayPal account to use for future payments.

I assume you received funds to your email address and you don’t have a fully grown PayPal account registered to that email address yet. If this is the case please create a PayPal account with the email address you used to receive the funds and confirm the email address to claim your funds. All your transactions are stored in your account History, so you can keep track of them.

If this info won’t help please contact me through our Twitter handle @AskPayPal or alternatively from our UK Facebook page. I am happy to take a look at your PayPal account.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

hutch1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem. My ebay customers can't pay me, some have canceled transactions. My account is set up in Monaco where I also live, what's wrong with that? When I sign into paypal it says the same thing that my account may only be used to send money. If I cannot receive most certainly I will not send. Please advise, very frustrating! Are there other ways to receive money for ebay transactions? Many thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi hutch1,

Welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

I can explain what's happening here.

I'm sorry but in certain countries, like Monaco, PayPal can only be used to send money and not receive it.

These restrictions are usually related to the strict banking guidelines we must follow from region to region, you see.

I hope that make sense and it's best to keep an eye on our website for any future updates around these conditions.

Have a great evening hutch1!

Conor

Login to Me Too

hutch1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your response but then what do I do with my existing ebay listings that have bidds on them? Shall I cancel them? Not to mention I have items sold that are not paid because there is no way. If that is the case I don't understand why paypal let me list them as a method of paying. It's very upseting! 

Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

TheVibe
New Community Member

I am from Serbia and i have exact same problem.

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

PayPal is constantly working to expand and improve services for our customers. We hope that we can enable you to use more of our award-winning services in the future.

i sent the email to customer support i hope this will be resolved soon enough.

Login to Me Too

richblando
New Community Member

Update your account to Business. 

Login to Me Too

winterbridge
New Community Member

How do I claim a payment for something I have sold on eBay/

Login to Me Too

my customer payed me some money on paypal which i recived ok , then they tryed to pay me some more but which it did not show up on my paypal ,why is this  they sent me a email saying they had sent it , to the same paypal a/c and showed me the transaction sheet , ???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.