Can't receive money

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Someone want send me money and he says that I don't have valid paypal account and that's why they can't send me payment.

I get this message:

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed.

Also, when I click on Request Money on Paypal I got this:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

when i try add my card it says:

You have already successfully entered the 4-digit PayPal code and confirm this card.

Where is the problem? Before I used to receive money from anyone on my paypal account and now I can't

My paypal is verified with a Visa Electron credit card issued in Croatia.

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

intertirana
New Community Member

same problem how did you solve it?

Login to Me Too

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

u need send ticket to support and they will solve it.

i dont know if there is any way to fix it

Login to Me Too

rasrog

sold items on ebay but cannot recive payments.

Login to Me Too

rasrog

Jossier
New Community Member

sly55
New Community Member

I have a payment of £17.20 from MidasSkills due to me but am uable to accept it as dont have a 6-digit security code. Have answered the two security questions but sitll no joy. Pleae can you help me.  Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

MaToSamJa

i got same problem, also from Croatia. my old visa has expired and i get massage :

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed. Please add a different Visa card or bank account in the U.S.

i updated date of expire but same massage appears, i deleted/added card but still same massage appears.

dont know what  to do, tried via customer support email but they didnt resolve nothing after 5 mails exchainged (btw they respond on every second-third mail).

i can make payment but cant make withdravals, what to do??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MaToSamJa,

The message that you are getting indicates that the automatic withdrawals for your account have been switched off. When this is the case you won't be able to receive or withdraw money. 

Since I don't have access to your account here I would recommend speaking to customer service and asking specifically that your automated withdrawals are turned on. If you would prefer to email rather than call I'd advise replying to an email you have already ready to ensure that you will go directly to an agent. 

I hope this helps you to get things resolved. 

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525M

Im also from Croatia and cant receive funds from anyone.

Got my account activated, email confirmed, VISA credit card verified, got charged from paypal, entered the 4digit code, paypal refunded  my account with 1.95$ and account was all set.

I got all emails from paypal about email confirmation, credit card tied to paypal, and notification about my account withdrawal limit being lifted.

My account type is: premier, status: verified.

Yet when I click on Request Money option, it says:

"Your Account may only be used to send money.

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, setup your account"

I already did setup my account, credit card is checked and verified.

I can even withdraw money, but I have nothing to withdraw since I cant receive money.

My friend is trying to send money to my paypal account, but he keeps getting error with same reply as I see in Request Money option, that I cant receive payments and must setup my paypal account first.

I see a lot of people from my country having this issue.

We are EU member, and PayPal should pay more attention to this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Joey2706,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

It sounds very frustrating!

It looks like you've recently verified your card on the PayPal account.

Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours to activate the Auto Sweep option which is necessary to have ability to receive funds on Croatian accounts.

Try cleaning cash & cookies on your web browser and logging in to your PayPal account again.

If you still won't have an option to receive funds available, please contact Customer Service directly and they will be able to resolve situation for you instantly!

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.