Can't receive money

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Someone want send me money and he says that I don't have valid paypal account and that's why they can't send me payment.

I get this message:

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed.

Also, when I click on Request Money on Paypal I got this:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

when i try add my card it says:

You have already successfully entered the 4-digit PayPal code and confirm this card.

Where is the problem? Before I used to receive money from anyone on my paypal account and now I can't

My paypal is verified with a Visa Electron credit card issued in Croatia.

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you reside in Croatia or the UK?

Login to Me Too

cronerull
New Community Member

i am from croatia and i have the sam problem

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Barakuda and cronerull,

In this situation it would be the best if you could contact PayPal Customer Service to allow review of your accounts.

To contact, please follow the steps bellow:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
2. Click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page.
3. Choose contact method.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anna

Login to Me Too

I'm having a similar problem. Whenever i try to request money it states =>

"Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money"

Then when i click on the link to set up my account. It states my master card number is invalid.

Can i link and verify a MasterCard to recieve payments?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Bigtimespender,

Welcome to our  UK community and thank you for posting. 

From the error message that you are receiving is looks that your account is set up in another country and you are not able to receive money. I would advise to log in to your account and see if you have selected the UK as Country when you signed up. If you chose the wrong country I would advise you to close your account and sign up again. That is if you are living in the UK :).

UK accounts are able to link and verify a MasterCard.

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

enlightenment
New Community Member

Somebody tried to send me money and could not attached is snapshot of the error message he received please explainerror messageerror message

Login to Me Too

Jayasree

Facing the same problem. Did your issue get resolved? If yes, please help

Login to Me Too

Tessalld
New Community Member
I’m having the same problem but I live in India. And I did send money to a friend from USA. But when my friend tried to send me money. It says invalid. Why so? Can you please help look into the issue.
Login to Me Too

Vmmeas
New Community Member

I have the same problem. So I have to select UK as a country even I’m not from there? In order for the transfer to work?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.