Can i receive money on PayPal without linking any bank account, debit, credit card in Egypt !

MinaaMagued97
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I Have 2 questions:
-Can I receive money on PayPal without linking any bank account, debit, credit card in Egypt! .
-I have heard 3 years ago that no one can send money to a PayPal account in Egypt Even that the account has linked with credit card is that still prohibited ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MinaaMagued97

You would be able to receive funds but not to withdraw or spend them as you would need to verify your account in some way eg a card.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MinaaMagued97
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I'm not able to receive funds in my PayPal account in Egypt. and when I try to choose request money I get a message that state:
Your account may only be used to send money as a PayPal account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from another PayPal account holders .

your account cannot receive payments. to receive payment, Set up your account.

Is that issue because i'm not linking any bank account or credit card to my account and if i did the problem will be fixed ? 

or that because we are not able to receive money in Egypt .

and in the link you sent it's written that Egypt is one of the countries that are abe to receive and send money .

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MinaaMagued97

Yes its because you have not verified your account by adding a card or bank account.

CLICKing on the link I posted shows you what you can do in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MinaaMagued97
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did and I have seen that Egypt is able to receive money, but have asked old question on Quora if it's possible to receive funds when my account isn't linked to bank, card account and almost all people told me you can receive without adding card or bank account is that method not available in my country right! ?
The method is to receive funds without verifying the account by adding card/bank account

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MinaaMagued97

You need to add a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.