CAN I RECEIVE MONEY WITH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA.

Oluwatobi

Hello

Please i need to know if i can receive money through my paypal account in Nigeria.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

HELLO  SIOBHAN

IF SOMEONE DID NOT HAVE PAYPAL ACCOUNT BUT I HAVE , CAN I USE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND SEND MONEY TO HER BANK ACCOUNT

THANKS

Login to Me Too

sportyboy
Contributor
Contributor

The recepient must have a paypal account to receive your money.

You can learn more about paypay fund transfer from the link below.Customer self help . With paypal you can buy online in Nigeria, I shop music tracks with my paypal account from Mp3mission

Login to Me Too

Tomcat108
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Im wondering if its set up yet to receive money via Paypal in Nigeria yet as of Aug 3, 2016! If not would u speed up the progress on that!

Login to Me Too

Catalyst01
New Community Member

Whats the update on the above subject? Can Nigerians now receive payments through Paypal?

I look forward to your feed back.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Queen_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hi... I have a question... I am selling online apps via affiliate membership. So if Nigerians become an affiliate membership s/he cannot receive the payment via paypal when they sell the online app too? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Queen_M,

Thanks for posting.

If the user has a PayPal account in Nigeria they will not be able to receive payments. That is not currently a functionality of Nigerian PayPal accounts, though we hope to expand our services in the future. Currently accounts in that region can be used only to send money and make online payments using an attached card.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Queen_M
Contributor
Contributor

Can Paypal please make an exception for businesses that are based from another countries? Example, affiliate membership businesses. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

dominicmichael
New Community Member

As the subject goes, can I. I haven't complete my PayPal account yet seeing some of my friends are saying they can't receive money through Paypal. So, can I.

Login to Me Too

macblazze

its been over 15 months since this post of updating the PayPal site to enable Nigerian customers receive money on their PayPal accounts. Is this really going to happen cos, people have been complaining about this for a very longtime but no effort is been made.

With the rapid growth in the number of users on the internet, buying and selling of goods and services can be done between individuals in different countries with just a click. 

Nigerians on the otherhand can only spend their money through your platform but cant earn through it. Why?

Login to Me Too

Theophilus
New Community Member

Helo PayPal. 

Sincerely, I think it is high time the limitation on paypal usage in Nigeria is lifted. Considering, among other factors, it's status as the most populous black country in the world, coupled with the fact that it's got the highest GDP in Africa,  I really feel paypal would be doing itself a world of good by removing every limitation on it's usage here. I do not know what the reasons for the limitations are in the first place. I hear it's because of online fraud. if,really,this is the case, then may I remind you that online fraud is everywhere and not peculiar to Nigeria. There are lots of genuine business people here who are being made to suffer for something they know nothing about. PayPal, please this is a passionate appeal from a legitimate businessman speaking for lots of honest Nigerians. I hope this message strikes the right cord with you. look forward to that day when the news would break that our plea has been granted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.