CAN I RECEIVE MONEY WITH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA.

Oluwatobi

Hello

Please i need to know if i can receive money through my paypal account in Nigeria.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Theophilus

Whilst you say that fraud is everywhere and not confined to Nigeria, IF you do a google search on ebay / paypal scams they are nearly always requesting items to be sent to "relatives" in Nigeria.

Also nearly every scam on this board involves Nigeria.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DameCENO
Contributor
Contributor

I am Nigeria, and have had a refund for a failed serviced payed back to me which was just rejected by my bank account reporting that transaction not permitted on my card. I lost some money due to it and I know it is just a curse for being a Nigerian. A lot of us are genuine users that just want to live the way other trusted countries' citizens do, but the reputation of the country has doomed us.

Even though I should feel insulted by your comment, but they are pure facts. I just hope Paypal can have an even more rigorous mechanism for fighting scammers, or that we may get out of here, but it is definitive that one cannot receive money from paypal in Nigeria, till Divine Grace intervenes in our favor

Spoiler
Smiley Wink
Login to Me Too

uluc

I think a lot of positive changes have happened in the Nigerian financial system. Take for example the Bank verifucation number system where every Nigerian account is now tied to the account holders biometrics. As a banker, I can confirm that this system has drastically reduced financial fraud in Nigeria by 89% over the last 3 months. All paypal needs to do is to leverage on this system to verify users, No scammer would want his biometrics to be connected to a scam because their true identity would be revealed. Other mechants in Nigeria have adopted this system as a means of user verification. Paypal please consider this as well.

Login to Me Too

DameCENO
Contributor
Contributor

Amazing post bro, even I didn't think of that, genuis. Ok Paypal admin, what more exccuse do you guys then have to provide?

Spoiler
😎
Login to Me Too

Hello Paypal

plz how can i send money to my sister's bank account in germany using my paypal account here in NIGERIA

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello specialartifact!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! If you have created a PayPal account in Nigeria you should have an option to send funds to other PayPal accounts. Unfortunately, you cannot send funds to a third party bank account directly. 

You can read more about how PayPal works here http://ow.ly/4nmEpU

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Gidimedia
New Community Member

Good day, am a proud Nigerian. I have a few questions to ask; can I recieve payment with my nigeria paypal account? Because am a graphic designer and the main reason I sign up for a paypal account to recieve payment from my clients. You can check www.instagram.com/gidimedia. I noticed the paypal team are complaining that Nigerians cant recieve payment because of fraud but I want to tell you that some people (not even nigerians) are using paypal fro fraud. You can put a monthly (recieving) limit of about $1000 on every nigerians paypal account that is still preferable.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Ephraimsmash
Contributor
Contributor

DEAR PAYPAL COMMUNITY. PLEASE I THINKS IT TIME YOU ALLOWED NIGERIANS RECIEVE MONEY.

JUST LIKE MY FELLOW COUNTRY MAN SAID. CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN) ISSUED AN INITIATIVE CALLED BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER.  (BVN).

WITHOUT BVN YOU CANNOT WITHDRAW MONEY FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, IT WILL BE FROZEN. OUR LEGITIMATE POPULATION OWNS BVN. AND WITH IT. ANY FRADULENT TRANSACTION ON UR ACCOUNT. WILL BE TRACED DIRECTLY TO YOU. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE. CAUSE YOUR BIOMETRICS AND EVERY SINGLE DETAIL ABOUT YOU IS CAPTURED DURING  THE BVN REGISTRATION PROCESS.

PLEASE ITS VERY DIFFICULT FOR US THAT USE PAYPAL FOR LEGAL TRANSACTIONS TO NOT BE ABLE TO RECIEVE MONEY FOR SERVICES RENDERED FROM CLIENT.

TAKE ME FOR EXAMPLE, AM A BLOGGER, WEB DESIGNER, PR, I PROMOTE MUSIC ONLINE & OFFLINE. I OWN & DESIGNED http://smash9ja.com

I HAVE AN ADSENSE ACCOUNT. I WORK ON FREELANCER.COM AND OTHER ONLINE MARKET PLACE WHERE YOU CAN RENDER YOUR SERVICES AND GET PAID. BUT RECIEVING MY EARNINGS ARE VERY DIFFICULT AND FRUSTRATING.

EVEN NEIGHBOURING GHANA CAN RECIEVE MONEY. YET THEY HAVE A LARGE POPULATION OF SCAMMERS TOO.

WE ALL IN NIGERIA ARE NOT SCAMMERS.

I SUGGEST YOU PARTNER WITH THE CBN AND THE BVN INITIATIVE. TO USE BVN AS A MEANS OF VERIFICATION TO APPROVE A NIGERIAN ACCOUNT FOR RECIEVING FUNDS. I JUST RECENTLY JOINED ANOTHER ONLINE BUSINESS.

I AVE EARNED MORE THAN $100 THERE PAYPAL IS ALSO A WITHDRAWAL OPTION. BUT HOW DO I WITHDRAW IF I CAN'T RECIEVE FUNDS WITH MY NIGERIAN ACCOUNT?

A WHOLE LOTS OF US. TRYING TO EARN A DECENT, LEGITIMATE & LEGAL LIVING ONLINE ARE AFFECTED.

CHECK MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FROM YOUR END.  ALL THE TRANSACTIONS AVE DONE ARE LEGITIMATE

I MAKE PURCHASES OF DOMAINS, HOSTING, PRODUCTS AND ALL. BUT I HAVE LOTS OF MONEY EARNED ONLINE IN DIFFERENT PROGRAMS AND EARNING WEBSITES.

I SPEND MONEY ON BUYING COSTLY DATA, COSTLY FUEL, AND ALL TO WORK AND EARN THE MONEY. BUT WHAT IS THE USE IF I CAN'T WITHDRAW IT.

PLEASE REVIEW UR SYSTEM. MAKE IS SOON INSTEAD OF LATER.

ANY POTENTIAL SCAMMER WANTING TO USE PAYPAL FOR ONLINE FRAUD WILL NEVER VERIFY IT WITH HIS OR HER BVN DETAILS. HE WILL ROT IN THE NIGERIAN PRISONS.

BECAUSE HE CAN'T ESCAPE, HE MUST BE CAUGHT. WE THE LEGITIMATE AND LEGAL ONLINE MONEY MAKERS, PLEAD AND ASK THAT YOU PLEASE INITIATE BVN VERIFICATION AS THE ONLY OPTION FOR RECIEVING FUNDS WITH A NIGERIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

THAT WILL DO THE JOB OF FILTERING OUT SCAMMERS FROM REAL & LEGITIMATE USERS LIKE US.

FROM A CONCERNED NIGERIAN, I AVE EARNED OVER $400 ONLINE RECENTLY IN DIFFERENT WORK ONLINE PORTALS. AND WEBSITES. SELLING MY SERVICES AND GETTING PAID.

PLEASE HELP US. HEPL US RECIEVE MONEY, HELP US GET PAID. A LOT OF YOUTHS CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS. THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM EARNING LEGAL MONEY ONLINE.

AND YOU CAN EVEN TRACE THE SOURCE OF PAYMENT. IF IT LOOKS SUSPICIOUS YOU INVESTIGATE.

PLEASE USE BVN VERIFICATION TO ENEBALE RECIEVING OF FUNDS FOR NIGERIANS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Login to Me Too

HAPPINESSBOMA
New Community Member

The say "change is permanent." Paypal really need to give room for change in Nigeria as it is the only thing that is permanent in life. There are thousands and hundreds of thousands of gurus, developers, internet entrepreneurs who have equal opportunities to compete with their global counterparts, but the absence of Paypal has denied them this opportunities. Everything we do online today has an exit point which "point of payment" and Paypal is the most preferred in most cases. Nigeria should be given a chance to prove that she's got true and transparent internet entrepreneurs. We will welcome any form of verification by Paypal, manual or automatic.

Login to Me Too

Adedayo
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Ephraimsmash,

I agree with you on your stance and they need to give us a chance to prove ourselves.. 

The reason why i contacted you is because i need assistance from you. I hope you would be able to assist. how do i contact you or here is my number O9O2882I528. Please lets converse.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.