Bank account cannot be linked to 'more' account

chloelauren
Contributor
Contributor
I keep getting an error message whilst trying to link up my PayPal to my bank. "Error Message" We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account. I've bought things through apps with PayPal by entering my details there and then. I set up an account to sell on eBay and it is now asking for me to accept or decline the money but I have to enter bank details, when I do the above message appears although I have not had an account before? So I cannot accept any payments. There's no payments from or to PayPal on any of my bills from the past.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi chloelauren,

Thanks for posting. 

For that error to appear it means that your bank account was registered to a PayPal account in the past. It may have been a long time ago. We may be able to resolve this for you. You would just need to give us a call. We can run a search using your account number and locate the account it is on. 

You'll get our phone number by clicking contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.