Balance currency conversion problems

oliver_ball
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to convert some of my PayPal balance from MYR into GBP using the balance currency conversion. However, when I go to the 'From' drop-down menu, there are NO OPTIONS. (See image)

I am able to select GBP from the 'To' drop-down menu.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Tthanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Jessica

Hi oliver_ball,

Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issues you are having with the currency conversion.

At this time, the option to convert Malaysian Ringgit to other currencies is not available for UK customers. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

You can find more information about the currencies supported here

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

oliver_ball
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your message. If the currency was held by a Malaysian account as opposed to a UK account would it be possible to transfer to GBP?

I need a permanent solution for this issue, I intend to make MYR->GBP conversions a number of times in the future and I was hoping PayPal would enable that. It seems not.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Thianchai
New Community Member

Hi, i have a similar problem as well, i am a malaysian but i would want to convert MYR to SGD, pls make MYR available for exchange, this is a serious problem, pls resolve this issue soon!

Login to Me Too

samscodes
New Community Member

Am having the same problem

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.