Another money on hold question.

Mark_JR
Contributor
Contributor

Is it normal procedure to hold money for a pickup only item?

Also, don't quite understand why this happens. Wasn't that long ago I was allowed to withdraw a relatively large amount with no issues. Today it's a no-no for 85 quid less their fee's. I think if they decide to 'hold' funds they should wait the same amount of time for their fee's.. Like everyone else, quick enough taking their money...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_JR

Why would you use paypal for an item that was to be collected?

Even on Ebay they allow you to list with cash on collection and refuse paypal for items that are collected.

That is because there is no paypal seller protection for that type of sale.

So if you had listed and accepted cash on collection then you would have had your money instantly /  no paypal fee and no problems with disputes.

If you have been put back on the 21 day hold then it could be your seller performance has star ratings have dipped if it was on Ebay but only you can check on that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mark_JR
Contributor
Contributor

The TV was listed as a collection only, once in the description and obviously in the postage section. For whatever reason I coundn't list the item without first accepting paypal as a payment option and that's what the buyer used annoyingly!

On the evening he collected the TV he posted feedback acknowledging his complete satisfaction and yet payment still on hold. Paypal have absolutely no business holding this money once the sale has been completed a the buyer is happy, it's not there's to hold!

Looking about it seems that others have had similar experiences. Paypal taking the proverbial at the customer's expense.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.