Am I safe to ship?

KirbyEBurns
New Community Member

I received a message from Paypal stating this:

"
Dear PayPal User

We want to bring to your notice that the transaction between you and davidreal is safe and legitimate. We would like to inform you that you have just been paid ------ . The fund will reflect into your PayPal account as soon as the item is shipped out and the Shipment info has been confirmed.

Note: Your fund is pending with us until we receive the tracking number from you for confirmation before your PayPal account will be credited. Your payment will be instantly credited when we have finally confirmed the shipping number. Below is your transfer status.

TRANSFER STATUS:"

Than it gave some sort of "percentage page" (provided image here: http://imgur.com/M5JHot7) It just doesn't look very legit.

Than I received a message from paypal following that message, stating:

"Confirmation*** You Have Received An Instant Payment $2700.00 USD From (-----@gmail.com)

Acutal Email Image:  (http://imgur.com/xVvSKhU)

My Question: is this a valid sending? Am I safe to send the item?!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No its a scam.

I knew that from the first sentence.

Paypal never calls you Dear PayPal User etc, they use your full name Dear John Smith etc.

Read this >>>>>

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.