Integrating Pay Pay and my website together ?

spica
New Community Member

Api permission ?   Trying to do this on my own as in a small town and no help.  I cannot seem to do this nor know whether to use 'Certificate" or other option(forget name). Do i put in my website address, or fat cow (server ) user name ?  Neither has worked for me.   ps:  what is a URL ?  so much lingo.----thanx if you can help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@spica wrote:

Api permission ?   Trying to do this on my own as in a small town and no help.  I cannot seem to do this nor know whether to use 'Certificate" or other option(forget name). Do i put in my website address, or fat cow (server ) user name ?  Neither has worked for me.   ps:  what is a URL ?  so much lingo.----thanx if you can help.

Hi spica,

The API certificate or API signature are both available but it will depend on your shopping cart to determine which one you should use.  Most shopping carts use the API signature credentials.  You mentioned you are using FatCow.

Checking the FatCow website, it looks like they use the ShopSite shopping cart.  The ShopSite shopping cart site indicates that it supports both the API certificate and API signature: http://shopsite.com/paypal.html

Do your shopping cart settings ask for a certificate or signature?

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator.  Basically it's a website address.  Anything like http://www. _______ .com is a URL.

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

I almost forgot to include these instructions as well:

Obtaining PayPal API Credentials

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.