How to charge for Shipping to different countries

pesi
Contributor
Contributor

I sell a product which may need to be shipped either here in Canada or sometimes internationally. What's more the quantities of items may also vary from transaction to transaction.

Since shipping rates (either by Canada post or UPS) would vary for either shipping to different locations and/or for different quantities of items.

I want to charge my customers the correct shipping/handling for their country and their number of items, but I can't figure out how to factor in different rates for the various countries and/or varying quantities of items in my shipping calculation, which should ideally be displayed in their PayPal shopping cart.

Please help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

doozer26
New Community Member

Hi i'm sorry i'm probably one of your customers I live in South Africa but i am an American and i purchased

about 300.00 worth of security equipment. It was never sent to me and i was never contacted by the merchant .

I had a few problems that took me away till now , I know that isn't the the merchants fault but if someone could please get me in touch 

with someone that will actually find this order of mine . It was ordered back in 09'.No tracking numbers but they should be able to find my name which would then follow the rest right ??

If you could help me I would be very grateful . 

Login to Me Too

pesi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure why you posted this message in reply to my question, since I know you are not my customer nor do I sell security products.

You probably posted your message in the wrong area by mistake. I would suggest your contacting PayPal customer service directly or through the conflict resolution area to get help with your issue.

Good luck and regards...

Login to Me Too

GenkiBar
New Community Member

Hi Pesi,

Did you ever receive a reply to this question from PayPal? I'm in the same boat and need to ship different rates to different countries.

Let me know if you can! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

pesi
Contributor
Contributor

Never got a reply...

Login to Me Too

PepperMill
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering the same thing. Just got a second overseas order, and now I'm supposed to figure out how to get the item to Sweden for $10.00 lmao.

Talked to PayPal a few days ago, and although US PayPal merchants can set up worldwide Destination Zones, and assign a shipping amount to those zones, Canadian PayPal merchants can't. AAARRRRGGGGGG!

I'm now trying to figure out how to make a note on the Checkout page notifying that if the destination is outside Canada or the US, they will receive an invoice for the difference in shipping. Can't figure out if that's possible. AAAARRRRRGGGGG again.

Login to Me Too

pesi
Contributor
Contributor

There's all sorts of workarounds that one could do but the problem is they would all look unprofessional and make the customer go through many more steps and just add to their confusion. AAAAARGHH! is right!

When will companies like PayPal start paying as much attention to their Canadian customers as they do to their precious US ones???

Login to Me Too

cocodale
New Community Member

Found your question while searching for the same answers.  Just wondering if you've found a solution yet?  I'm also in Canada and I'm trying to set up my existing website with a paypal shopping cart.  I've blocked payments from currencies which I do not hold (I'm assuming this means only Canadians can order from me) but even within Canada, my shipping costs vary wildly from one end of the country to the other.  Surely someone out there knows how to handle this!

Login to Me Too

pesi
Contributor
Contributor

After a lot of back and forth with PayPal support, I was finally told that the option to apply multiple mail rates to an online sale is not yet available to Canadian customers! When will PayPal realize that they are not just servicing the US?

Login to Me Too

bilous
Contributor
Contributor

Go to poste canada website and you can calculate shipping fees for worldwide.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.