Getting ripped off by paypal !!!

Spas_Brimar
Contributor
Contributor

When you do own a Canadian account and you do business in Us dollar , paypal is the more expensive program i've ever seen , In addition to charge you 2.8 % for each transaction whithout giving any bonus or vacation points they wont allow you to use a canadian us dollar account wich mean that i have to pay around 1.5 % rate to change it into canadian dollars then I must switch it back to us to pay my manufacture so having a transaction by paypal cost me around 5.5 % + ebay rip us also with 10 % final fee value .... too bad no other company offer that service !!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MArvin-Miller

You haven't seen anything yet - wait until they take your money and hold it for as long as they want. They've been holding my money for more then a month.

It's not your money - it's THEIR money. They can steal from you at any time. They are the biggest crooks in the world.

Login to Me Too

cmyachtie
Contributor
Contributor

I so do agrre they keep my $$ for way too long after an eBay item has been deleivered, we ned some alternartives..........

Login to Me Too

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There are other companies offering similar services. Most buyers are very wary of them. And their charges are similar in any case.

The problem with Canadian bank US dollar accounts has to do with US law, not a PP policy. It deals with money laundering and has been around since the 1990s, before PP existed.

Both the Royal Bank and TDCanada Trust have wholly owned subsidiaries in the USA. Ask the commercial manager at your Royal or TD about opening one of those accounts.

I had one and for my level off online commerce (about 60-100 sales a month) it was not worth the extra labour and service fees. However, our B&M does that many transactions a day and the Royal Bank /Centaura  account is well worth while.

You could also try opening a merchant credit card account through the bank where you keep your business account. If you do not have a commercial account, you will need a business plan and a few other technicaliities to open one. The base charge for such an account would be about $50-$75 a month plus a percentage of sales. The percentage starts around 7% and goes down as the number and value of transactions rises.

In other words, if you are just in this as a hobby, PP is a good deal. If you are a business, there are alternatives.

Login to Me Too

moontune
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and have had enough. There is a hold on my money with Pay Pal and when it finally does get into my account I will cancel.

The E bay fees are just unbelievable now I will never list again, its just not worth it any more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.