Can I create a payment button that allows the client to select how many of an item they wish to buy?

DavidIMcIntosh
Contributor
Contributor

Can I create a payment button that allows the client to select how many of an item they wish to buy?  This simple option seems to be unavailable.  Also, can we have a few more options for the appearance of buttons?  The "Buy Now" is not really appropriate for payments someone may be giving you for future services.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DavidlMacintosh -

Welcome to the Community!

Those are some excellent questions.  Let's take them on one at a time.

"Can I create a payment button that allows the client to select how many of an item they wish to buy?"

Since you're using Buy Now buttons, you'll want to scroll down on the button creation page to Step 3.  Expand it and check the option for "Do you want to let your customer change order quantities?"  This will allow them to manually enter a quantity.

"Also, can we have a few more options for the appearance of buttons?"

That's some great feedback, and I'll be certain to forward it along.  There are some available options in step one of the button creation page, but the pre-loaded ones don't seem to fit with your business model.  Instead, you may look intothe "Use your own button image" option.  With a bit of graphics software, you could take the Buy Now button logo and morph it into something that fits your site more eloquently.  I've seen buttons with various text, or even a picture, in place of the standard Buy Now graphic.

Please note - Step Three of the button creation page is only available if you have a Premier or Business account.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DavidlMacintosh -

Welcome to the Community!

Those are some excellent questions.  Let's take them on one at a time.

"Can I create a payment button that allows the client to select how many of an item they wish to buy?"

Since you're using Buy Now buttons, you'll want to scroll down on the button creation page to Step 3.  Expand it and check the option for "Do you want to let your customer change order quantities?"  This will allow them to manually enter a quantity.

"Also, can we have a few more options for the appearance of buttons?"

That's some great feedback, and I'll be certain to forward it along.  There are some available options in step one of the button creation page, but the pre-loaded ones don't seem to fit with your business model.  Instead, you may look intothe "Use your own button image" option.  With a bit of graphics software, you could take the Buy Now button logo and morph it into something that fits your site more eloquently.  I've seen buttons with various text, or even a picture, in place of the standard Buy Now graphic.

Please note - Step Three of the button creation page is only available if you have a Premier or Business account.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

DavidIMcIntosh
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was exactly the answer I was looking for.  (Actually, I can't believe I completely missed the "Step 3: Customize Advanced Features" link entirely.  Duhhhh....)

I did, by the way, get two completely wrong-headed, utterly useless replies from PayPay customer support.  Sigh.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DavidlMcIntosh -

I'm sorry to hear that Smiley Sad  But, I'm glad I came along then and answered your post then!  Smiley Happy I'll be certain to pass that feedback along about your experience, I agree that we should have answered you in full on your first email. 

Thank you for marking my post as a solution!  I really appreciate it!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

DavidIMcIntosh
Contributor
Contributor

One small thing you missed in your reply (and I had missed in my original attempt to create a button): there is an option to select from a couple of different images for the buttons.  In "Step 1"->Customize Button, Customize Text or
Appearance->Select Button Text.  I discovered this only after I had take the original "Buy Now" button and doctored it to say "Pay Now", when "Pay Now" is indeed the noe other choice that is offered!  lol.  Anyway, my doctored version is not as nice as the PayPal image.  Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DavidlMacintosh -

You're right, I did leave that out Smiley Sad  My apologies, especially since it was just the one you were looking for.  Thank you for coming back to the Community and letting us know what you found out.  That earns a kudos! It's contributions like that which keep the Community a vibrant place!

Glad to help!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.