receive payment notifications to the email address that the payment was sent to

HPPrint
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I currently sell on ebay and on my website. Problem i have is i dont have a back office on my website for orders therefore rely on paypal emails to tell me when i get a website order. BUT, i receive payment notifications from both ebay sales and website sales as will everyone as this is normal. This makes it very hard to search out the website sales notification emails.

So what i did thinking i was being clever was setup an extra non primary email address with paypal websitepayments @ and setup the shopping cart on my website to send payments this email address. I thought in doing this i would receive payment received notifications in my email inbox (websitepayments @) for all payments sent to this address and nothing else. However i am wrong! How can this be done?

Sorry its long winded, its really hard to describe like this and i hope it makes sense!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi HPPrint,

If your website is based on API methods (Express Checkout) it will send notifications to the primary email. If you use standard "Buy Now" buttons (or other HTML buttons) notifications will arrive at the email used in the button's code. Your store may have a toggle between methods.

I would recommend against relying on email altogether. A simple IPN script ( www.paypal.com/ipn ) will be much more reliable and with few lines of code a web developer can easily build logic to filter IPNs containing auction number and direct them elsewhere.

I hope this is of some help at least.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

HPPrint
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there, I dont have a clue what it is based on its a cart made by moonfruit and i literally add my paypal email in the back office for where payments should go. This is all shop payments not different button payments. Really this is a feature that should be available. If your being sent a payment to xxxx you should receive a payment notification to say you have been paid to xxxx
Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

In that case the notification should arrive at the email the payment was sent to. Check with PayPal Customer Service to which email it was sent to and if the payment was sent to primary instead of the one you intended, make sure with the cart if the setting got correctly updated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.