my website charges in GBP, but paypal charges my buyers in USD. Help!

rubbershark123
Contributor
Contributor

My website is set up to charge buyers in £ GBP.  However, when the transaction goes through to Paypal, it charges in $USD, therefore I lose money on every transaction.

I have been through every menu option trying to find an answer, with no luck.

I emailed Paypal about this, who replied telling me to ring a number, which was an automated message which was of no use whatsoever.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Your store is either not sending the currency_code to PayPal or is sending currency_code=USD.

Example: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=example%40email.com&amount=1&currency_cod...

Remove the "currency_code=GBP" from this link and see how currency changes.

What shop are you using?

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

rubbershark123
Contributor
Contributor

Im with photostore and have priced everything in pounds it all works fine untill I get to paypal and it turns out in usd

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The currency is missing or incorrect in the call your store is sending. Without testing it and/or seeing the admin side it won't be possible to help you. You should consult the shop provider, as they may already be aware of an issue that's causing this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.