how to sell my book online...

WillD
New Community Member

Hello paypal collective,

An easy one probably, but very new user here, please be gentle 🙂

I have recently written a novel and would like to sell it via my website to the rest of the english speaking world (amazon are taking my reward away by receiving three times what i see per copy sold). How do i do it myself? I have the products here in my house - i have aimed at a UK asking price of £14 which includes the product (£10) post (£2.50) and packaging (£1.50) i also aim to have a buy from europe option, a buy from northern america option and a buy from anywhere in the world option, where the asking price will increase to reflect the higher postage. (not tracked postage, but normal post office rates)

I don't have the time or the legal comprehension to traul thru hundreds of pages of small print and legal terms and defintions - do you guys read thru all of these terms and conditions and user agreements? A phd in rocket science would be easier for me to understand - but i digress. My question is, what's the best way to acheive my goal of recieving payment for my books within the uk and from abroad? business account? personal account? verified account? mailing options? getting the customers adresses? matching up payments received with a shipping address? tax requirements (if any)  Any thoughts greatly appreciated paypal peeps.

Cheers in advance,

Will

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TomateDiseno
Contributor
Contributor

As nobody else has answered - I'd say you just need to create a paypal button that needs a shipping address - the process is quite simple and guided. You can have price options depending on postal area and the email you'd receive would have the shipping address that the buyer wants it to go to.

Login to Me Too

ehenriksdotter
New Community Member

I have a PayNow button on my website, nice and simple.

All I want to know is if I always receive an e-mail address from my customers?

My product is digital and needs to be sent to them via e-mail and when I add the line

'Please confirm e-mail of recipient', the text-line is refusing to center in my WordPress

site and I've spent hours trying to figure this out with the help of forums.

The best thing would be if the button itself was enough.

Thankful for answer!

Elinros Henriksdotter

www.ContemporaryTalks.com

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ehenriksdotter, 

May I direct you to our PayPal developers network as I feel you may find what you are looking for there. 

Thanks for your post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.