application for merchant rates

greenfoxy
New Community Member

I want to apply for merchant rates to reduce my commission payment to Paypal but can't find the application form.  Can anyone help?

allready tried through fees and then the process they suggest but it seems im getting back to the main page every time and still cannot find where to apply

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Dustin

Hi greenfoxy,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 🙂

Sorry to hear the online application isn't working. We can help you with applying for a lower processing rate. Please contact PayPal customer service by phone or email. We're also available via social media on Facebook and Twitter.

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

ForEyes
Contributor
Contributor

Very well hidden

quelle surprise

Login to Me Too

MNP
New Community Member

Where is the link to apply for merchant discount rates??? It seems it is well hidden on the new paypal.

Is there a direct link or instructions on where to find it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi ForEyes and MNP, 

Thanks you for replying to this questions. I am happy to help explain how you can apply for merchant fees :). 

Go to www.paypal.com (do not log in)

Click on the 'Business' tab

Scroll all the way down and click on 'fees'

Click on the '1.9% to 3.4% + 0.20 GBP' link. It is just underneath 'Get paid' 

Click on the link 'PayPal's merchant rate' 

At the bottom of this page it says: 'If you qualify for the merchant rate, login to your PayPal account and apply.'

When you click on the word login you can log in to your account and a request from will appear to request the merchant’s rates. 

Sorry that it is a bit hidden I will forward this feedback on to our teams so that we can improve this for the future. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

EQsIQ
Contributor
Contributor

I think it spoils your brand that such an obvious sought after benefit by sellers requires us to be logged out in order to get to the link. it spoils your brand, and Ive taken nearly 30 minutes of pure frustration trying to search for it untill I got this. It takes 5 seconds to add this link  to an appropriate place in the business users account in thier profile where it should be.,  In addition the  the information clearly asks the user to log-in. meaning this information isnt available to logged in users. That makes no sense whatsoever for a financial company  versed with fraud and sensitive to payment related data.

Conclusion: money grab

Disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Hakimi
New Community Member

The methot that you just outlined is not working anymore!

When I reach to the bottom to "Login on my account..." it simply takes me to the account summary page.

Can you please advise if that is still to correct method or has it changed?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page:
http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem. Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by.

I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. We are experiencing the same problem. We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page:
http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem. Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by.

I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards

Login to Me Too

ForEyes
Contributor
Contributor

Will the lost money be back dated due to misleading information from PayPal not to mention burying this feature so very well?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.