application for merchant rates

greenfoxy
New Community Member

I want to apply for merchant rates to reduce my commission payment to Paypal but can't find the application form.  Can anyone help?

allready tried through fees and then the process they suggest but it seems im getting back to the main page every time and still cannot find where to apply

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Wickfordtown
New Community Member

Morning

I am here in desperation.  I have call paypal on the phone how took my info and said someone would contact me over a month ago and i have emailed twice with no response.

2 months ago I applied for merchant fees but was declined on the basis that in the past 30 days less than £1500 had been received on the account.

I waited till I knew that more than £1500 had gone through and tried again and paypal said I could only apply once every 30 days.

I waited till I knew that it had been more than 30 days and tried again and the system declined it on the basis that less than £1500 had gone through the account despite paypal knowing that more than £6000 had gone through

This is for a kids football club so every saving on fees counts.  How do I get this resolved and how do I get it back dated and the fees refunded that are above the merchant rates I should have been getting ?

any help appreciated from the community as Paypal dont want to help

Paul

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem. 

We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page:
http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem. Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by.

I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page: http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem.

Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by. I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys. Regards

Login to Me Too

fwefcwe
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to do this on the website but the link does not work, it redirects to the summary page.  I want to take advantage of the lower rates that I'm entitled to due to volume of sales coming into the account.

I've tried in chrome and IE.

Can somebody else try the link and see if it's the same for you?  Click on 'fees' at the bottom of any Paypal page (not Paypal Community page), then click on "based on total sales volume" about half way down the page.  Then click on the 'log in' link at the bottom.

I've emailed Paypal but no reply.  There are numerous threads about this already, none with any solution that I could find.

Login to Me Too

fwefcwe
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.