Your PayPal guest user access has expired.

JustinePocock
New Community Member

Hi,

The company I work for has a small online shop which uses drupal/ubercart/paypal to process orders but we have run into a problem with one customer.

She has rung in to say that she recieves this error message "Your PayPal guest user access has expired. As a guest user, you had a chance for a limited time to get to know how PayPal works. You can continue to use PayPal by creating a full account. Signing up is free and easy."

She doesn't want to sign up to Paypal but wants to buy a book... I thought that this was possible.

I can't really find anything on the internet about this happening on a live site only this on a sandbox. https://www.x.com/thread/42732.Where the answer was to change email addresses... I cannot get her to do this!!

I also saw on another website this:

Using the PayPal Payment Gateway

Please note: The Take a view site uses the PayPal Payment gateway to process all entries. PayPal allows users to use either a credit card or their PayPal account. They call this type of transaction "Guest User Access"
Paypal allows this type of transaction a maximum of 10 times on any website, for a specific email address, or credit card number, before requiring the user to open a PayPal account. This is beyond our control.
If you see the message below you will need to open a PayPal account to enter the awards:

"Your PayPal guest user access has expired, As a guest user, you had a chance for a limited time to get to know how PayPal works. You can continue to use PayPal by creating a full account. Signing up is free and easy."

I know that she has not ordered from us before but she has tried no more 6 times to order this book. I don't want to lose customers because of this.

Can you help in any way? I've been searching for two days now. Correct and up-to-date support information seems to be really hard to find for Paypal.

Thanks

Justine

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Justine,

this is nothing to do with your PayPal account but with the customer attempting to make the payment. You can make payments on PayPal without having a PayPal account 10 times, after that you have to sign up to use it further. The thinking being that if you use PayPal enough to have had 10 payments then it's to your benefit to have an account rather than making a single payment every time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.