Where is the online application form for merchants?

kimsr
New Community Member

I want to apply to reduce my commission payment to Paypal but can't find the application form.  Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Kim

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

starstream

found it, what a pain that was lol

Login to Me Too

Craft276
Contributor
Contributor

please tell me how!!??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi there Craft276 and welcome, 

If you would like to apply for merchant rates on your PayPal account then I would recommend to contact us directly so we can review your account and help you apply. To contact us by phone just click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Jea1
Contributor
Contributor

Do I have to apply only once or everytime after my sales were dowm?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

You do not need to reapply as this is automatically calculated at the beginning of each month.

-David R

Login to Me Too

blunt

Has anyone ever found the mysterious merchant rate application form since they changed the site?

I've sent multiple messages to PayPal without a respose!

Lets hope they backdate the fees I've been paying?!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi blunt,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Our website has changed since this post from 2014 but you can still apply for the merchant rate on our website. You can also apply by getting in touch with us on the phone.

You're eligible for our Merchant Rate if you've received at least £1,500 in payments into your PayPal account within the last calendar month. Here’s how to apply:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk while logged out of your PayPal account.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Fees.
  3. Scroll down to the 'Selling with PayPal' section and click based on total sales volume.
  4. Scroll down and click log in to your PayPal account
  5. Log in to see the application form.

If you’re approved, we automatically adjust your fees at the beginning of each month. The adjustment is based on your payment volume for the previous month.

You must maintain a minimum monthly payment volume of £1,500 to remain eligible for the Merchant Rate. If your payment volume falls below £1,500 or you have unresolved chargebacks, you’re eligible for the standard rate.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page: http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem. Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by.

I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys. Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.