Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT not being added on

Options
brigadetony
Contributor
Posted on

I have a PayPal shopping cart setup on my website with each add to cart button having its own VAT and postage values per item. I do it this way because some of the items I sell (books) are zero-rated for VAT and so I can't have a blanket 20% for the whole shopping cart total.

Yesterday (27th Dec) this was working - today (28th) it isn't. I've just replicated a recent customer's order on my own PC and what happens is that the VAT is correctly calculated and added in the shopping cart, but as soon as I checkout this disappears and is replaced by a figure of 20p, regardless of the shopping cart total.

I've taken screen shots of the process - the first shows the shopping cart total after I've added the item, the second shows the cart after I've hit checkout and tried to pay. Anyone have any ideas ?

Cart-1.jpg

Cart-2.jpg

1 REPLY 1

VAT not being added on

Options
brigadetony
Contributor

As an additional issue, I've just tried using the Create Button tool to check the HTML code on my website against the code generated by this - and I've found that the tax options listed in the documentation are missing from the tool:  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/add_to_cart_ste...

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.