VAT not being added on

brigadetony
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal shopping cart setup on my website with each add to cart button having its own VAT and postage values per item. I do it this way because some of the items I sell (books) are zero-rated for VAT and so I can't have a blanket 20% for the whole shopping cart total.

Yesterday (27th Dec) this was working - today (28th) it isn't. I've just replicated a recent customer's order on my own PC and what happens is that the VAT is correctly calculated and added in the shopping cart, but as soon as I checkout this disappears and is replaced by a figure of 20p, regardless of the shopping cart total.

I've taken screen shots of the process - the first shows the shopping cart total after I've added the item, the second shows the cart after I've hit checkout and tried to pay. Anyone have any ideas ?

Cart-1.jpg

Cart-2.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

brigadetony
Contributor
Contributor

As an additional issue, I've just tried using the Create Button tool to check the HTML code on my website against the code generated by this - and I've found that the tax options listed in the documentation are missing from the tool:  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/add_to_cart_ste...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.