Seller Protection - Bullion Auction Site

alantucker
New Community Member

Hi

I am going to be lauching a auction website selling gold & silver coins and bars. A main concern that I have is protection for the sellers on my site.

I have been looking through the User Agreement for PayPal Service on PayPal's website and from the looks of things all somone has to do is say that the item recieved was not genuine and PayPal will chargeback. Is this correct?

Does anyone know the situation with PayPal and Bullion sales?

Thankd for your time

Alan

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mauddib
New Community Member

Just a quick note...Paypal will not insure gold or silver bullion under any circumstances.  Their restricted item list speciffically excludes bullion and in most instances anything that has something to do with the Paper Money & Coins listing category.

Auctiva is the only company whose insurer covers bullion but you must have an account with them - something which I think is well worth the monthly charge.  The Auctiva company offers a much lower shipping cost and their insurance cost is less than the Post Office, UPS, FedX and Airborne.  That alone makes them the best choice when it comes to shipping.

No, I am not connected with Auctiva other than I've been a customer ot theirs for maney years.

Col. James Weaver

Columbia_Gorge_Specialties

800-991-7087

Login to Me Too

Linemanjames
Contributor
Contributor
I know that the most recent policy changes stated it no longer would carry coins under the seller protection and I got to experience it first hand this week.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.