Refund to someone that is trying to scam me

Erigig0
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, Wondering if someone is able to help me. I have a customer on PayPal who is trying to get a refund for item that they claims to be in worse condition than stated. In the description for the item I listed all defects very clearly and included three pictures of marks on the item. Furthermore The item was significantly marked down in price because of this. The product was significantly cheaper than a product of this kind due to the marks not to mention the customer had asked to pay lower price which I kindly accepted. After this the customer opened a case on PayPal asking for a full refund because he was not happy with the condition. Following this I said yes shortly after finding the same product listed on his page for sale at a higher cost and a description saying lightly marked. I have screenshots of the product listed on this page for a higher cost however user has deleted from this page. What should I do in this instance? Really don't want to award a refund especially since it sounds like he's trying to scam me
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erigig0

Normally if and only if paypal finds in favour of the buyer then the buyer has to return the item back to you BEFORE you have to refund.

Don't refund until you get the item back again, odds are he won't want to send it back so you should win the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Erigig0
Contributor
Contributor

Have escalated the claim to paypal so will see what happens. Thanks for the advice though 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.