Postage Issue

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

I have paypal set up on my e-commerce site and have been using it without issue for some time. Yesterday it suddenly stopped charging postage on orders even though our store is invoicing it, does anyone know why this might be or how I can fix it please?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

cavvyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
I think I have got the hang of this now.  When you click on the clear button  DO NOT click on save, just log back out. Also if you make any changes to your postage, the box will reappear and you then need to click the clear button again to get rid of it. Remember DO NOT click on save. 

Login to Me Too

HHDT
New Community Member

When I click clear settings, it doesn't clear my postage/range text boxes, it resets them to old settings I used to use. Hope they sort this out soon. That box must be turning away customers.

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

Tried clear settings thing, doesn't work for me, I've been told by Paypal that this is an ongoing issue and they are trying to resolve it but have given no time frame as to when it will be back to normal.

Login to Me Too

castironair
Contributor
Contributor

yes i had the same problem - not clicking on the save button works wonders - "estimate shipping and tax box" vanishes when the save button isn't clicked in the postage settings 

Login to Me Too

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry i'm not much more help on this guys. I literally just contact the tech support as mentioned previously and all i got was a one sentence reply to tell me it had been fixed and to action the fix i just need to press the 'clear settings' and it then worked for us.  Hope you manage to get it sorted soon!

Login to Me Too

woodenmen_co_uk
New Community Member

That clear button "without save" worked for me aswell, only 15 minutes from discovering people weren't being charged postage by the website to finding & applying this fix, thanks guys & gals!  Now I can back to buying my daughters 1st car!  HAYELP!!

Bob

www.woodenmen.co.uk (Wooden Garden Chaps!)

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

It's a bit annoying they're telling you this issue has been fixed yet they're telling me it's an ongoing issue and yet to resolved, even more annoying that the clear settings fix seems to be working for some people but not me.

Login to Me Too

Speechwriter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody

Thank you very much for your help and advice on this. However, I have been trying to sort this out since the postal prices went up here in the UK.

I am happy to send my parcels out at first class cost and as they are all wider than 25mm, that will be £2.70 for weights from 1g to 749g. Most of my parcels weigh less than 50g. Originally I was asking £1.99 for all parcels as my thinking was if people gave me a nice order, I was happy to stand a small bit of postage.

When the charges went up, so that my parcels cost 71p more than I was charging, I decided I would put them up. Then I noticed the stupid shipping cost estimate box appeared and my customers were not buying. I have e-mailed PayPal 3 times and rang them once and they have all said about clearing settings etc. When I do that and exit, the postal charges revert back to £1.99, if I alter them to £2.69 and exit, they revert back to £1.99 and if I alter them to £2.69 and save the settings, I end up with the stupid box.

Are there others still who haven't overcome this. At the moment I seem to have the option of losing 71p on ever sale, or having the shipping box which seems to put people off buying.

Best Wishes

Malc

Login to Me Too

Speechwriter
Contributor
Contributor

Despite other people's success with sorting this, nothing I could do would rectify the problem, I either had the £1.99 I set last year and no shipping calculation box, or the £2.69 I wanted and a box.

On Friday afternoon a sale was made and the customer wasn't charged any shipping. I logged on to Paypal and the £1.99 had been wiped from all the structure. So, I added £2.69 to each one, saved them and now I have the correct postage and no shipping estimate box.

I can only think that Paypal have now sorted this.

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

I see now why the clear settings doesn't work for me, it's because I am actually using postage calculations to calculate my postage costs, guess i'll just have to wait until Paypal come up with a solution to remove the "calculate postage and tax box".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.