Postage Issue

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

I have paypal set up on my e-commerce site and have been using it without issue for some time. Yesterday it suddenly stopped charging postage on orders even though our store is invoicing it, does anyone know why this might be or how I can fix it please?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

brigadetony
Contributor
Contributor

That's brilliant - thank you for posting that. It's been driving me nuts for most of the weekend trying to fix it !

Login to Me Too

webdesignessex
New Community Member

I had this problem too and just assumed that I had changed something or set up my preferences incorrectly.

As you guys says it's very annoying for UK businesses dealing with mainly UK customers since the shipping cost has already been set up and there is no need for this distracting box that will confuse customers (it confuses me!)

I followed your instructions to 'clear' the new setting added by Papyal and all works fine now.

Appreciate your help!

Login to Me Too

olivesoapco
New Community Member

Many thanks for this quick solution,  especially for UK PayPal merchants.

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

This does not remove the "calculate postage and tax box", not for me anyway.

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Try contacting Paypal using the instructions DEighty listed above. That's likely to get you a more personalised response.

Have you also tried clearing your browser cache? Might be that the page hasn't updated since the change.

Login to Me Too

Crox
New Community Member

Thanks so much ,this issue has been causing me problems all weekend. I followed the above instructions and now everything is back to normal

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

The above solution didn't work for me in regard to removing the "calculate postage and tax box", it says "this will also resolve the issue with the tax and shipping estimate box for US", what about UK? I don't think clearing your cache will effect anything, the web page hasn't changed, anyway I tried it on other browsers and it's still there. I was told this would be fixed in 72 hours, that was more than 4 days ago.

Login to Me Too

krisjbaker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have a UK website with opencart, this is postage calculator is really annoying. I have postage and tax calculated on my website, so dont need PayPal to calculate anything extra as the customer wont be happy being shocked into an extra charge.

I have tried to remove this by entering 0.00 as the costs in the postage calculations on PayPal, but this leaves a US postage calculations box as describes in the previous comment. How can I remove this whole section?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

krisjbaker,

Did you try the solution I posted on page 2?

I'll be honest I haven't checked it if I was a US buyer. It clears the issue for UK buyers on my site but no idea if it works for elsewhere.

fjord01,

Did you contact Paypal and ask for a solution? It might be a different issue for you or your account might still need fixing after the update. Honestly I have no idea.

Login to Me Too

krisjbaker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi fancydressqueen,

Yes I tried that, thank you, but it didnt change anything unfortunately.

It's so frustrating! I've been round in circles again but no luck yet...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.