Postage Issue

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

I have paypal set up on my e-commerce site and have been using it without issue for some time. Yesterday it suddenly stopped charging postage on orders even though our store is invoicing it, does anyone know why this might be or how I can fix it please?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

homesweetstyle
New Community Member

Has anyone found a way of removing this? It's also appeared today for me, and I don't like it, will put people off completing the purchase in my opinion!

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has still not been resolved. I received a message from Paypal saying this was a technical error and would be resolved in 72 hours, that was 4 days ago. Has anyone received a solution?

Login to Me Too

chevvy64
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I am currently updating my website, and adding/amending items that are on there. I have previously set the postgae rates to a flat rate depending on the total vlue of the order. However when I check that everything is as it should be by clicking the buy it now option; I recieve a message which states:

Estimate postage and tax
Select send-to country (optional)

Cancel

I do not want this to appear on the page as the postage calculation has already been added, and this may look confusing to some purchasers who may think it's a further charge.

I have looked on the settings but I cannot see where i can disable this from appearing.

Thanks in advance 

Login to Me Too

castironair
Contributor
Contributor

yes I have the same problem - it is annoying and I too want to get rid of it!

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I use prestashop and it's happening with all of my sites, not just one. It must be an issue with Paypal or a code change as the module I use (various versions again across multiple sites) has worked perfectly for years.

Any ideas anyone?

Login to Me Too

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i'm on Presta too. The issue has been resolved for us, has it for you? i think it was related to the US tax box that was appearing on ivoices (glitch) but has gone now.

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, just checked it and it's still coming up. Did it just go by itself or did you do anything to remove it?

Are you a UK or US based seller please?

Login to Me Too

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

I am UK based. I contacted PP with regard to this and they redirected me to the merchant technical fault line here https://ppmts.custhelp.com/  I had to use the 'contact tech support' tab and fill out the form.  They replied to me yesterday so i imagine they will be working today aswell, think they might be US based. HTHs 🙂

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much. I've just put in a technical support request and hope to have this issue fixed asap.

Again thank you for your help, I hope you're back up and running now.

Login to Me Too

fancydressqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Issue resolved. I got a response from Paypal less than an hour after submitting my query and here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting Merchant Services.

My apologies for any inconveniences. Apparently, the option to override the shipping calculator has been disabled for some accounts after a system upgraded.

This means that, if you had enabled PayPal's shipping calculator (and apparently you have it enabled, although with "0" values), PayPal will always use the calculator, regardless if your own website is passing their own shipping amounts.

To resolve this issue please follow these steps:

1) Login to your account and click on Profile.
2) Click on "My selling preferences".
3) Click on "Update" next to "Postage calculations".

(*) Direct link to this section -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-shipping

4) Make sure GBP currency is selected.
5) Click on "Clear Settings".
6) Don't do anything else, do NOT click on Save or any other button (If you do, it will set to "0" everything again). Clicking on "Clear Settings" will disable the shipping calculator, thus your own shipping charges will start applying again.

This will also resolve the issue with the tax and shipping estimate box for US."

Hope that helps anyone else that might be suffering the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.