Postage Issue

DEighty
Contributor
Contributor

I have paypal set up on my e-commerce site and have been using it without issue for some time. Yesterday it suddenly stopped charging postage on orders even though our store is invoicing it, does anyone know why this might be or how I can fix it please?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

Today I've noticed that I'm getting an Estimate Postage and Tax Box in the checkout screen where customers have to input their US ZIP code or country. What's this, I've never seen this before? It's completely unnecessary as my postage is already calculated. Anyone else notice this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you U.S? If so might be best to post this on the US rather than UK boards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, I'm in UK.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

if its asking for zip code etc sounds as though you are on ebay.com not uk!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay? I'm selling on my website, I've been selling on my website for years and I've never seen this before.

Here is what I'm getting.

paypal2.jpg

Login to Me Too

cavvyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I've just started getting this on mine too??

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

It's still there, so annoying, this can only serve to confuse customers and I had no sales yesterday.

Login to Me Too

g4zlp
Contributor
Contributor

Also just started getting this. [www.g4zlp.co.uk].

UK based, with UK website, and server based in UK.

The box appears regardless of the type of code I use.

Nothing on my website has changed and nothing in my profile has changed.

Have even checked to see if they have added anything to profile settings that would affect this.

No doubt it is yet another PayPal change in coding at their end without proper testing before implementing and producing yet another PayPal glitch that can only serve to confuse and confound (and loose) customers.

And why is it that these PayPal things always happen on Fridays or public holidays ? [Now Easter Friday 6th April 2012].

Contacted PayPal and opened a "ticket" - advised that they will probably get back to me on Monday [Another public holiday] "Oh, sorry it will probably be Tuesday 9th".

Login to Me Too

fjord01
Contributor
Contributor

US Paypal Merchants have the option to charge different postage rates for US states or countries so this box will appear when you visit a US Paypal merchant website. But for us in the UK it's completely unnecessary as we've never had that option in our account. If this is the first step in rolling this out in the UK then great but I doubt it, it's probably some glitch.

I tried making changes to the code to get rid of this but nothing works, I can only see this adversely effecting my sales.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.