Please use a different card ref 10009

RHarbottle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have had alot of customers been declined their payment due to error code 1009 or 10009 saying please use a different card? If this had only happened with a few then fair enough however this is happening quite a lot now.

What could be the cause of this?

How can we sort this out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Suggest you phone customer services.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RHarbottle
Contributor
Contributor

Is this a common problem as we have read some other posts what say to confirm the email or whatever however we have already done this and still no help.

Any advice would be greatful.

We have tried to contact PayPal via email but thats no help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea, you would need to ask customer services about that.

Emailing is pretty useless that is why i gave you their other options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Rharbottle,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about these payment issues.

As kernowlass has advised, the best thing to do in this case would be to contact Customer Support directly so we can troubleshoot, as the error message you're describing is very specific and we don't have access to view your account details from here.

You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.