Paypal website payments pro iframe safari browser problems.

ITP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm visiting from the ekmpowershop forum where lots of members are reporting the same issue with safari device users not being able to complete checkout or the checkout taking more than 30 seconds to load.

http://www.ekmcommunity.com/showthread.php?25075-PayPal-Pro-iFrame-Safari-Checkout-Flow-Problem

This is obviously effecting our business and lots of others is paypal working on a solution to this?

The delay and or failure to load happens at the point that the paypal payments site is opened into the iframe.

Cheers for the help if anyone has any ideas let me know we are losing so many sales!

You can also check out our site to see the issue first hand: http://www.inthepinkcandles.com

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

ANDY3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paula,

Thank you very much for confirming this.

Best Wishes

Andy

Login to Me Too

afors
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add some data to the debate. I've had a lot of payment issues and order failures recently and after discovering this thread and reading through it I did some Analytics and guess which browser (rather surprisingly in my view) is #1 for last month -
1. Safari 34%
2. Internet Explorer 24%
3. Chrome 23%
4. Firefox 13%
5. Android 4%

Everyone I suspect is using Ipads and the like so for PaypalPro to not have a working solution is not acceptable.

Alan

Login to Me Too

ANDY3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal,

So here we are 6 weeks later and this has still not been fixed.

Not Very Happy

Check out this thread, it makes grim reading; http://www.ekmcommunity.com/showthread.php?25075-PayPal-Pro-iFrame-Safari-Checkout-Flow-Problem/page...

AndyMan Mad

Login to Me Too

ANDY3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal,

So here we are 7 weeks later and this has still not been fixed.

Not Very Happy

Why not pass some time and check out the latest posts in this long running shambles of a thread;

http://www.ekmcommunity.com/showthread.php?25075-PayPal-Pro-iFrame-Safari-Checkout-Flow-Problem/page...

Oh happy days !!

Man Mad

Login to Me Too

littlelog
New Community Member

This has been a problem for us for almost 18 months. It is Sarfari and the increase of mobile devices is causing severe problems. If it wasn't for the virtual terminal we'd have lost £1000's in turnover. 

Why, won't you sort this out Paypal?? 

As a merchant who puts 100% of their turnover through you guys it is disgusting that this cannot be remedied.

Login to Me Too

Steven-G
Contributor
Contributor

We have been experiencing this for months, however it has only just been identified as a Safari issue by our hosts which has lead me to this thread. Just to clarify, we are using Magento Enterprise 1.10.1.1.

If using a modern version of Safari, the iframe just hangs with loading screen showing. A test order on an old version of Safari (4.1.3) was able to place an order without issue.

Login to Me Too

david-watkins
New Community Member
Paypal pro hosted is not compatable with safari it effects every cart using it. It amazes me that pay pal would use a solution that is incompatible with safari.
Login to Me Too

Steven-G
Contributor
Contributor

After reporting my issues to Paypal support again and pointing them to this thread link, I received the following response:

---

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding Safari.

I have reviewed your account and spoken with our Merchant Technical Support (MTS) engineers in relation to this.

They have asked me send you the link below and advised that their are no issue on the PayPal side of the transaction and that you/Magneto need to update the IPN settings:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/926/

If you need any further assistance on this I would recommend contact the MTS team directly using the link below:

paypal.com/mts

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and wish you continued success on PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
Peter
Business Support Department

---

Login to Me Too

Steven-G
Contributor
Contributor

--- Incase the page dissappears in the future, here is the page contents: ---

NB - This is yet to be tested as a resolutions to the problem.

IPN: HTTP1.0 to HTTP1.1 - php coding tips
Published 01/25/2013 10:23 AM | Updated 11/01/2013 03:34 AM

Developers need to include the "Host" and "Connection" headers in the IPN postback script:

PHP
// post back to PayPal system to validate
$header .= "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n";
$header .= "Content-Length: " . strlen($req) . "\r\n";
$header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
$header .= "Host: www.paypal.com\r\n";
$header .= "Connection: close\r\n\r\n";

PLEASE NOTE:

1)     For further compatibility your php script should also trim the IPN validation response.
Please modify your script:

if (strcmp ($res, "VERIFIED") == 0) {
else if (strcmp ($res, "INVALID") == 0) {

To:
if (strcmp (trim($res), "VERIFIED") == 0) {
else if (strcmp (trim($res), "INVALID") == 0) {

2)     In php make sure the last line of your header includes double end-of-line markers: \r\n\r\n as in the example above: $header .="Connection: close\r\n\r\n";

3)     In php make sure to open the socket connection to the same host declared in the header. As your header is declaring the host as

$header .="Host: www.paypal.com\r\n";

You should open the connection to the same host:

$fp = fsockopen ('ssl://www.paypal.com', 443, $errno, $errstr, 30);

Login to Me Too

Michael_P

The problem is with Safari not rendering the iframe correctly, PayPal has nothing to do with it.

The PayPal Pro Hosted checkout within the iframe is not meant to be mobile, in fact in order to make it work you should redirect the buyer to PayPal. 

The issue here is with EKM and any other third-party carts out there that do not manage the flow correctly. There should be an exception so if the browser is a mobile one the buyer should be redirected to PayPal instead of attempting to load the iframe.

I'm afraid this is a change you should do yourself as PayPal is not involved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.