Paypal Website Payments Pro application pending for 2+ months

AmjadM
Contributor
Contributor

I have applied for Paypal Payments Pro in order to safeguard myself against charge backs from 'unauthorised payment' claims yet the Paypal team have taken over 2 months to evaluate my application.

This is after around 10 phone calls where I have been told it will be done soon. In the meanwhile I am getting a ridiculous amount of chargebacks which Paypal obviously always decide in the buyer's case (even though I know they are not unauthorised payments).

This is a vicious circle and Paypal are causing me to lose business while at the same time not helping me to safeguard it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi AmjadM, 

I am sorry to hear it is taking so long. These applications generally don't take so long. The only time they would be held up would be if we are waiting for documents from the merchant (the company applying). 

Have you sent in all requested documents ?, as this may be what is holding it up. If you have and have had confirmation that your documents were received then I would recommend that you contact our team directly and request that it is escalated for you. Once escalated our team can take a look for you and get it sorted. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

AmjadM
Contributor
Contributor

I did submit all my documentation previously and just recently I was asked again to submit my proof of address (maybe because of this post?). I have done so and hope this gets accepted as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Amjad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.