PayPal business account name

aic
New Community Member

Hey, I have two websites, both I like looking like seperate websites & businesses (which is what they are).. But PayPal only allow us one business account each, meaning I can't create a different paypal account for the both websites.

This isn't a problem, and I already know it is possible to add different e-mail addresses to accept payment to, which works great - well done paypal!

The ONLY and most ANNOYING problem I have is the fact that business account holders have to display their one business name on each payment page, and even though you can customise the images on custom payment pages, annoyingly enough every payment page has the text:

PayPal securely processes payments for *business name*. You can finish paying in a few clicks.

Which leaves customers thinking "hang on, this isn't *the other business name* who am I paying all this money to?

Then they back out of the transaction.

Which is common-sense to them, I mean apart from just the images, the account they are paying to could be any website (as the name shown is a different website to that they are trying to pay to), and it's not like they can check the URL as that is obviously PayPal's..

I'd have thought PayPal would have come up with a way of changing this as part of the custom page styles feature within each account settings?

It is most frustrating, and I'm surprised nobody has kicked up enough of a fuss to make PayPal act on this big flaw within their payment system.

Thanks for reading Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_barry

Hey there, first of all apologies if you feel that our system here is impacting your businesses in a negative way.  I will pass all your thoughts on to our Products team, so that they can improve the system with your, and all other, feedbacks.  In relation to the Business accounts, we have no issue with someone opening 2 or more business accounts. There is only an issue if you open different accounts, selling the same or similar products. So if you have 2 Business accounts, 1 selling car parts, the other selling clothes, there is no problem. But if you have 2 separate accounts, both selling car parts, then there would be an issue. As we feel that payments for the same items should be going to the 1 account, this drastically reduces the complexity of transactions and is considered sound business practice. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Julesw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

related question...

In a pop up box when logged it it says

"To start using Custom Payment Pages, go to the Custom Payment Page Styles page:"

can you tell me how to get to this page ?

thanks j

Login to Me Too

bt1500
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Share exactly the same sentiment.

Our website is named differently to the legal company name. Since this was 1st posted, is there a way to show only the website that the customer is purchasing from and not display the legal entity name?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there bt1500,

Welcome to the community forum.

On your PayPal account you will register your legal company name, but you do have an option to add a trading name. That way the buyer will be shown the trading as name and not the legal company name.

You can update your information by following the steps below if you need to add a trading name of change it.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' in the 'Business information' section, then click ‘Edit’.

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

bt1500
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lucy

Thank you for your reply.

I logged into the business profile as directed and saw that I had already entered the trading name previously so the problem has not been solved. .

Is there any other setting to ensure the trading name is shown?

Kind regards, 

Brian

Login to Me Too

bt1500
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Still waiting for a response from 2 weeks ago. Query remains the same:

@bt1500 wrote:

Hi Lucy

Thank you for your reply.

I logged into the business profile as directed and saw that I had already entered the trading name previously so the problem has not been solved. .

Is there any other setting to ensure the trading name is shown?

Kind regards, 

Brian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi bt1500, 

If your trading is showing on your business information form and is not showing to your customer you may need to have some amendments made. 

For this I would recommend that you contact us by phone via the contact us links. 

Please let us know how you get on as it may be useful to other members.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

bt1500
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_paula wrote:

Hi bt1500, 

If your trading is showing on your business information form and is not showing to your customer you may need to have some amendments made. 

For this I would recommend that you contact us by phone via the contact us links. 

Please let us know how you get on as it may be useful to other members.

Paula 

it's a bit rich asking me to do your support function for you - i am the one asking for help! What do I need to do to get this to work?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.