PayPal Account Optional has stopped working, now it's mandatory?

FrankWales
New Community Member

I've been starting to receive complaints from my users due to the PayPal payment form is forcing them to create a PayPal account (see screenshot 1). Although during months it has worked right and the account sign up was optional (see screenshot 2).

I've not changed anything and my settings are still the same:  "Account: Settings: Website Preferences: PayPal Account Optional: YES".

Has PayPal changed your policy and now it is mandatory? or there is some technical error with your site?

thanks.

Now: Mandatory

PayPal_pix_2a_OptionalAccount.png

Last Week: Optional

PayPal_pix_2a_OptionalAccount.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LindaRock
New Community Member

We just started having the exact same issue (it's now December 2016).  Nothing has changed in our paypal account settings.  Is this some new tightened security?  We would really prefer this to be working the way it was, we have customers that do not want to create paypal accounts.  Already got one complaint today about it, person is now mailing a check.  What a hassle for customer and for us.

Login to Me Too

UglySweaterShop
New Community Member

Also found out about this today.  Had been working fine to check out as a guest as recently as 12/8/16. Now it is no longer an option on 12/11/16, only two weeks before Christmas and my busiest time of year. 

Seems like some pretty bad timing for PayPal to take away this ability for small shop owners.  I'm scrambling to find another payment processor and get it implemented now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.