Lots of customers having "card not verified" errors

Spaceh0pper
New Community Member

Hi

Over the last couple of weeks I am repeatedly getting mails from people who are having the above issue.

I have upgraded to a business account to try and see if it was an express checkout issue, but it's still happening.

I have also checked the cards they are using aren't already attached to a paypal account, they're not.

They are generally trying 2-3 different cards and asking their friends to try too, I am worried I'll be losing a lot of business for Christmas, which is my busiest time.

What can I do to check everything is OK with my paypal account? Other transactions are going through fine so I don't know how to check where the issue is, I've never had it before and now suddenly it's happening all the time

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Spaceh0pper,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this ongoing issue.

Card denials such as the ones that your customers are experiencing are normal, and do occur from time to time, usually due to an issue on the card issuer's side. However, I understand that this issue has been occurring for a number of weeks, so it sounds like this could be a technical issue.

In order to investigate this further, I'd suggest filing a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support on their site https://www.paypal.com/MTS. To do this, you need to sign up for an MTS account, then choose the 'Contact Technical Support' option. If you don't receive a response to your ticket within 72 hours, you can contact the team on Twitter at @PayPal_MTS. Don't forget to include your ticket number when tweeting.

Hope this helps 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.