Issue with PayPal buttons

Knittinghouse
New Community Member

I have my own website which I use PayPal buttons on. I am finding that I have to keep re-entering my information and re-add the buttons as they keep defaulting to a very old email address. This means that my customers are receiving confirmation emails stating an incorrect contact address and their money is going to a place that I cannot access!

My questions are:

1) how is PayPal able to add such an old email address to a newly created button?

2) how can I recover the money, when I cannot even see the transaction?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_barry

Hi there, first of all let me address the issue of where your funds are going. If an incorrect or invalid e-mail address is being sent out to your buyers. Then, most likely, the payment is appearing as “Unclaimed” in the buyers account. In which case, they will have the option to cancel the payment. They should then re-attempt payment to you, using your correct e-mail address. Of course, you must first make sure that the correct e-mail address is being sent out.

In relation to the buttons on your account. That is quite a technical question. I could only point you to our “Button Factory”. Please follow the steps below to get there.

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk  
2. Click ‘Business' near the top of the page.
3. Under 'Business', select ‘Help and resources’.
4. Scroll down and click 'Visit Button Factory’.

This area of the website gives you lots of useful information to get your website up and running and should you expand in the future it also provides more technical information about our services for your business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.