Is this you?

Suneengtorp
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling a product on a website.

And this guy contacted me, saying he was interested in buying it.

But I was a little sucspicious from the start, as I have recieved a lot of scam mails before.

Then, I recieved a confirmation mail from "PayPal", the headline was:

"PayPal Instant Payment Received from **********"

from this e-mail: service @ intldept .co .uk

Is this enough information to see if it is legit or not?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a user to user help forum and not paypal customer services.

However i suspect this is a defo scam, read this and see if it fits >>>>>>>>>>>.

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or if the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a user to user help forum and not paypal customer services.

However i suspect this is a defo scam, read this and see if it fits >>>>>>>>>>>.

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or if the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Suneengtorp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help gentle sir, I think we have a scammer.

What happenned was: he sent me an e-mail where he told me that he sent an extra amount of money for "security reasons". 

And therefore, I had to sent the extra amount of money to a "delivery agent" through Western Union. And as soon as I transfered the money to his delivery agent, I will have to send them the "confirmation" that I recieved from "PayPal", and after that, I will get my extra amount and the amount of the item on my PayPal account, since the money were blocked until I did this.

Should I report him somewhere?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm a lady not a sir   Smiley Wink

Pointless reporting them as they are probably in Africa somewhere and the transaction would not have been done via paypals site.

The scam only involves pretend spoof paypal emails and not paypals site at all.

Just ignore them and delete the emails. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nlyanairwan90
New Community Member

Dear Miss,

Thanks for sharing.. I almost lost much amount if i just believed that man and the email. Thus, Better i removed the contact and everything..

Thank you so much.. I think better share this post to my FB. Hope they dont believe the same things..

Thanks..

🙂

Login to Me Too

Sapriux
New Community Member

Today I received this message in my email when I wanted to sell item:

Dear Lukas,

We are contacting you regarding your transaction with Ardlar Groot. We are still expecting to receive the necessary Western Union Information from you, and you are required to send the Western Union information to us within the next 24HRS or the necessary Legal Action shall be taken against you.

You are required to send to us the Western Union Information Stated Below for Verification:

(1) Sender's Name;
(2) Receiver's Name;
(3) MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number);
(4) Amount Sent;
(5) Western Union Receipt.

So you should go ahead and send the €500.00 EUR within the next 24HRS, and get back to us with the details for verification,so that your account can be credited instantly. You can contact us by replying to this mail, if you have any question(s).

Sincerely,

A. Williams.
PayPal Team

For me it looked suspicious too and I wrote to paypal community. And I see that I'm not the only one who got message like that. Don't believe in them.
Login to Me Too

nlyanairwan90
New Community Member

Oh God..

Good day..

This question just saved my pocket money..  I received the same things and ask me the same things.. Pay to agent to pick up those items..

Thanks for this.. Really saved my life..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.