If I dont have enough money in my bank, can an invoice still be taken?

tiCz
New Community Member

So I just got sent an invoice (I am the seller not the buyer) and I though this person was legit and wanted to buy a digital item from me, however they sent me an invoice only, i pressed on the pay button thinking I would be allowed to view the invoice before paying, some sort of security pop up message atleast would show up i though

However it appears as paid, im not sure whether these funds were requested off me or if they are the one's who sent me the invoice meaning that they have paid. it was for $400 and i dont even have that much money in my paypal OR bank account.

My bank account does not have overdraft so no way to go into -$$$ so does this mean the money will still be taken out or how does it work?

If so what steps should i take to make sure this payment is NOT taken out of my account as I was the one selling the items not buying!

Thanks for your replies guys!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi tiCz

Sellers dont pay invoices buyers do

Buyers dont send invoices sellers do

This is becoming a common scam

Has the payment been taken from your acc since u clicked on it?

Did u have any money in your ppal balance?

Contact your bank or look online to see if any payment has been taken or ask your bank if they can reject the payment if it does come thru

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.