I have recently become VAT registered.

markwholland
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have recently become VAT registered. At present when I print a packing slip it show the price, with p&p beneath, and beneath that VAT, and beneath that the Total. At present where the VAT is, it states £0.00 (which was correct because no Vat was being charged, however Vat is now being charged) .

I wish to keep the prices on the website the same as they were before I became registered for Vat, however, I need to acknowledge to the customer that Vat is now included in that price, whereas previously it was merely exempt. To reiterate, I do not wish to add Vat to the price I pass to Paypal, (so I do not wish to activate the Vat facility, which I presume will add Vat to my price, so that where on the packing slip it presently says £0.00, it will state 20% of the price, and then add this to the total). So instead of  the packing slip stating Vat £0.00 (because Vat is now in include in the price and therefore not £0.00), I need it to state something along the lines of "Vat Included" in the price total. If possible I would like to include my Vat registration number for the customer. Also, please note that certain items are not subject to Vat, eg safety toe cap boots, so for these items I need the Vat to show as £0.00.

Hope somebody can help with this. It must be a common problem .

Best regards

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

debbie55
Contributor
Contributor

HELLO

I HAVE JUST REGISTERED MY VAT TODAY ON MY WEBSITE EBAY

ARE YOU WANTING TO REGISTER YOUR VAT ON EBAY?

IF SO GO TO ACTIVE LISTINGS. EDIT ALL AT ONCE.

ON TOP LEFT CORNER ABOVE EDIT YOU COME TO A DROP DOWN

GO TO DESCRIPTIONS

THEN ON RIGHT SIDE WILL SAY EDIT SEPARATLEY OR BULK

PRESS ON BULK

MARK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

VAT IDENTIFICATION NUMBER GB_________

20% VAT  INCLUDED ON ALL PURCHASES

ONCE EDITED AND CONFIRMED. GO TO YOUR LISTINGS AND RE-CHECK YOU WILL FIND THEM ALL LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE

DEBS

HOPE THIS HELPS

Login to Me Too

callmeout
Contributor
Contributor

I think the original poster is on about sales from his private website.

I have the same problem here. Adding a VAT rule increases the prices when a customet comes to paying.

It would be nice if Paypal could show the VAT costs without adding the VAT on to the total.

Maybe it can't be done?

Sean.

www.callmeout.info

Login to Me Too

thetorchsite
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I can easily add 20% VAT to the price as the customer pays but do not know how to show it inclusively on the Paypal slip. I agree it would be nice if Paypal could show the VAT costs without adding the VAT on to the total.

Login to Me Too

RainbowMems

Why doesn't paypal answer any of these posts,

What we need is a button to say VAT is inclusive in the price, not extra. It's extremely annoying that Pay Pal do not reposnd to peoples posts, this thread has been going a while. In summary this is what i need,

BUY NOW button - (I have one with variable amount) that doesn't add the VAT but seperates it on the invoice. The document made in 2007 by paypal says you can do it, but the options no longer exsit. WE NEED INCLUSIVE VAT OPTION, especially on button's that are hosted on our own pages, besides what happens if I sell a book, I can't charge VAT and i don't pay VAT either but Pay Pal would charge it, or not charge it if you turn VAT off, but then not charge
VAT for items that do have VAT. Please resopond.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Guys,

Firstly let me say I will look in to the VAT options for you to see if there is a way of doing this.

Secondly let me just say that as this is a community forum it is designed that community members respond to other members post. The PayPal Moderators are here to moderate the forum and may answer some of the posts but you are not guaranteed a response.

I will post my response once I have an update.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Spencer2780
New Community Member

I could really do with this feature also.  I don't want to add vat to the total as it's already included.

Not being able to display the VAT on a Paypal receipt unless you let the system add the VAT is a bit of an oversight on paypal's part really.  I am a VAT registered business and my customers pay my invoices with paypal and get confused when the VAT comes back as £0.00 as that isn't the case.

Come on paypal, please sort this out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.