How can I change the "Return to Merchant" text, now that the cbt variable is deprecated?

hoegrammer
New Community Member

It says here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitesta... that the "cbt" variable is deprecated since last year and is not passed but ignored.

How then can I change the "Return to Merchant" text?

I am selling downloads and want to change it to "Download Here".

Thankyou

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

hypnorox
Contributor
Contributor

I also need to know this since the cbt feature has been deprecated since Dec 2016 - along with everyone who is selling digital downloads. It is no longer clear to the purchaser that in order to go to my customized download pages they must click on the "Return to Merchant" button. They will potentially just click the screen closed without doing this, and then have to email me wondering where their download is. Then I'll have to send them the link by email. What a pain. Nothing automated about this. The only way around it that I can see is to add full instructions with a screenshot of the offending button on my website purchase page. "Please click this [Return to Merchant] button after you have finalised your purchase". And we all know how many people read instructions.... My life would be complete if I could customize the button to say [Download Here] like we used to as hoegrammer states.

Please PayPal community can you offer any suggestions or remedies? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.