Fraud in Nigeria

Sherbear77
New Community Member
I posted an Kijiji ad and within an hour some guy texted me saying he was interested and wanted to buy the tablet for his fiancé and would pay 200 more for shipping and asking me if I have paypal. I lied and said no because it seemed way to fishy to have someone offer you $200 on top of asking price without knowing how much the shipping costs were. He tried to tell me how to set up an account and I told him no rush it's 3 am and I can't find out how much shipping costs anyways till the morning. Then I googled his number and it's some random number in the US, googled his address in Nigeria and came across this forum. Just So everyone is aware his number is (574)635-6731 and the address he wanted me to send to is in Lagos, Nigeria zip code 23401. I am very tempted to send him a package with a piece of paper saying F YOU in block letters inside it instead of a tablet. Hope no one falls for this scam
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shauunsan
New Community Member

I almost did mate, and then you start piecing together all the little things and contradictions etc... and you realise how stupid they actually are!

I've posted all the clues in another forum subject hopefully people read it so they don't fall for it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.