Error Detected - We are unable to decrypt the certificate id

DavidHoffman
New Community Member

We have a website at www.epuk.org with a Paypal 'donate' button. We want to use the same buttion on other pages but when we copy and paste it we get this error from Paypal: "Error Detected - We are unable to decrypt the certificate id."

Can anyone explain the problem and suggest how we can add more buttons?

TIA

David Hoffman

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

davebo99
New Community Member

Yes I am having the same problem - wanted to create a buy now button copy and pasted the code only to find when I click it it has the same message. If anyone can help I would be grateful!

Many Thanks

Login to Me Too

davebo99
New Community Member

Hello, I created my button and copy and pasted the code into my wordpress site tested it and get the following message:

Error Detected - We are unable to decrypt the certificat​e id

Please Help

Thank you Kindly!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ALL, 

This usually happens when the button HTML code is not copied exactly as it was generated by PayPal in the first instance.

@DavidHoffman - I copied the HTML of your button located at www.epuk.org and tested it locally, and it worked perfectly for me – I would suggest that you copy the code direct from the source of your website and paste it into Notepad or another simple text editor to ensure that the code has not been interfered with or reinterpreted, before pasting it back into the code wherever you need it to be.

In this instance, as you are generating a simple Donation Button I would suggest visiting www.paypal.com/buttonfactory and creating new code for your new buttons, taking care when copy/pasting the code to ensure that it does not get corrupted – be especially careful if you are using a CMS or platform to handle your site content, as these tend not to respect external HTML accurately.

@davebo99 – again, if you are using PayPal hosted buttons (generated from within your PayPal account) please ensure that you are copying the code from PayPal correctly before pasting it into the code of your website – these errors occur when the code is not copied correctly.

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

DavidHoffmanuk
Contributor
Contributor

I think you're righht. We had copied and pasted exactly - but from another button and we'd included a few extra <div>s. Removing them fixed it.

Thanks

David Hoffman

Login to Me Too

TezSDesign
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks,

I came across the same problem. I copied the exact html code paypal gives you, inserted into my website, and a 'We are unable to decrypt the certificate id' error appeared when I clicked on the button. So I checked the encrypted code in the html (huge chunk of string Letters & Numbers) and found there was a space at the end of it, which shouldn't be there. Deleted the space which joined up the dashes with the quotation mark and it worked fine.

Example

Old  (with space)              

------ " />  

New (without space)

------" />

Hope you found this helpful! Please let me know if it did!

Many thanks,

Tez

Login to Me Too

Qlidnaque
Contributor
Contributor

I had this exact same problem. I copied and pasted directly from the paypal website the code for the button, but when I looked carefully, after I had pasted the code into my wordpress html editor area, there was an extra space near the bottom, so I deleted the space. Now the Paypal button is working correctly.

Login to Me Too

Renish
New Community Member

Awesome!.. thank you so much.

Removing space from ----- "> this helped me...

Its working now 🙂

Login to Me Too

nojust1me
Contributor
Contributor

You're a genius!! It's usually the last spacing at the end of that 

Login to Me Too

koogmo
New Community Member

I had the same problem but got it to work by clicking the "Remove code protection" just above the window that contains the code to be cut-and-pasted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.