Business account or Premium (or Premier)?

kayten
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone please tell me if it's still possible to upgrade to a Premier Account (or a Premium Account, not sure if that's the right term)? I'd rather do that than upgrade to a Business Account, but from what I've seen maybe that's the only option. It's all pretty much unclear to me.

I've been trying to find out and all I come across is confusion and contradiction.

I'm aiming to do some internet marketing using JVZoo, and their page has this:

"Note: You must have a Business or Premium Paypal account which has been Verified by PayPal in order to link it to JVZoo. If you have a personal account, simply perform the FREE upgrade to a Premier account." (see? right there, there seems to be confusion over Premium and Premier ... then, when I google it, I get contradictions so I'm not getting anywhere)

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kayten

This make explain it better as it is from a paypal moderator who actually works for paypal whereas I of course do not   >>

Moderator PayPal_david Moderator
Kudos: 124
Accepted Solutions: 51

Re: PayPal UK Community Chat - 20/07/2016.

Hey Kernowlass.

The two options available for account types now are Premier and Business. Even if a customer logs in and can see Personal as the account type, this would still be considered a Personal / Premier Account

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kayten

There are no such things as premier accounts now as its been merged.

You can have >

1. Personal / Premier account.

2. Business account.

So if you are not a registered business buying in stock to re-sell then you are fine selling on your personal account which is in fact a personal / premier account.

You have probably found an outdated page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kayten
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, @kernowlass, that clears it up (to an extent anyway).

Don't suppose you have any idea how to go about this bit: " --- perform the FREE upgrade to a Premier account"?

I only ask 'cos I don't see a link anywhere offering to upgrade to a Premier account. But maybe I missed it, I'm guilty of that now and then 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kayten

Sorry but did you not read my post above?

There is no premier account, it has been merged so if you have a personal account you now have a personal / premier account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kayten
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, @kernowlass, I told you (sort of!) ... my brain doesn't seem as energetic these days as it once was.

So I guess I can just ignore JVZoo's nonsensical advice and just sign up with them as-is?

Thanks again, you've shone a light where there was only darkness (and I could use all the light I can get my hands on ... er, obviously!).

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kayten

This make explain it better as it is from a paypal moderator who actually works for paypal whereas I of course do not   >>

Moderator PayPal_david Moderator
Kudos: 124
Accepted Solutions: 51

Re: PayPal UK Community Chat - 20/07/2016.

Hey Kernowlass.

The two options available for account types now are Premier and Business. Even if a customer logs in and can see Personal as the account type, this would still be considered a Personal / Premier Account

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kayten
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, @kernowlass, that's clear enough - I can remain as a Personal account and it is actually a Personal/Premier Account. And that's from the horse's mouth, so to speak. 

Happy with that, I can't ask for more. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kayten

Yep, glad you called David the horse and not me     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jntk
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, if this is not the right way to ask a question. I am still new to this place.

I would like to open a little business, really small internet shop on ebay with mostly used, pre-owned products. Due to my circumstances I have to creat some work from home and would like to register as self-employed. In that case, do I need to upgrade to paypal business account? Thank you for help in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. You will not need a business account to receive payments. When you open your PayPal account you will see an option to provide business information. You just need to click on Individual in the drop down menu. Hope this helps!

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.