wrong email address on listing

carolineb9483
New Community Member

Oh dear, I have got myself in a right old mess on Ebay. I dont sell much on ebay at all (probably 3 times a year) I changed the email addrees my paypal is linked to about 6 months ago, not realising I should have changed it on Ebay to . So now I realise (after googling the issue) that I have listed something with the wrong email address for payment, the buyer has paid and I dont have the money in my paypal account. What on earth do I do about that? Any help appreciated!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi carolineb9483

Try adding the email address u have on your listing and see if the money comes thru to your ppal as u are allowed up to 8

Remember to check the emasil address on future ebay listings

Revise any active listings now, if they have bids u will have to cancel the bids first

Login to Me Too

carolineb9483
New Community Member

Thank you. I have just tried that and it has sent a confirmation email to that old email address and unfortunatly I am locked out of that one as it was so old. So I cant get on to click the confirmation. (I changed my paypal email address last year and didnt realise the impact it had on ebay) CAn I get the buyer to cancel the payment and resend an invoice with correct email do you think?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes if they have the option to cancel the payment

Since it has already gone to your old email address and u cant access it it might not be returned to them until after 30 days

U can contact  ppal direct they will help u access the old acc

Call but dont select any options hold on until u speak to someone or https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.