why cant we print second class lables through ebay/paypal

bazzas76
Contributor
Contributor

hi i have based all my ebay selling items by second class postage which ebay have in there scroll option but paypal have not got the same options i have had to pay out xtra because they only have first class option and i thought they were working together why have one option on one site but not the other seems pretty silly!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

ukfool666
Contributor
Contributor

David, what do you mean may be in the future ? You used to have 2nd class postage option and know full well there is no option on ebay ?

Login to Me Too

cerandall
New Community Member

This is a disgrace and dishonest.  Ebay offers a second class postage option when selling then prevents one from using it when posting.  It is not even possible to print an address label for posting with second class stamps.  I think this should go to the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.  Ebay are adopting deceptive business practices by implying second class postage is available to sellers.

Login to Me Too

nutsohazelnuts
New Community Member

You can't do it through paypal but you can if you go to the royal mail website direct

https://www.royalmail.com/discounts-payment/online-postage/home

you just create yourself an account and you can transfer money to your royal mail account using your debit / credit card

you type in your recipients address and then print it out either onto a sticky label or onto paper using your printer at home.

And best of all if you don't use the site for a while the royal mail put it back in your bank

Login to Me Too

michael-j-lacey
New Community Member

It's disappointing that PayPal have taken the decision not to allow 2nd class postage printing.

The answer seems to be - print postage from the Royal Mail site and bypass PayPal

Login to Me Too

mpickard
New Community Member

I think this is really bad of ebay/PayPal/Post Office.

It was just so convenient to print postage and address for 2nd Class items before.

Now that the Post Office are charging an absolute fortune for 1st Class, NO WAY an I going to post low value items out by that method. It just does not make economic sense.

It's clearly just a ploy to force us to buy 1st Class postage for our items so the Post Office gets more of our money

MESSAGE TO EBAY & PAPAL:-

PLEASE  RESTORE  THE  OPTION  TO  PRINT  2ND  CLASS  POSTAGE  LABELS  IMMEDIATELY  PLEASE !!!!!

Login to Me Too

jma2608
New Community Member

It's absolutuely so frustrating as everybody is saying - anyway I now use the Post Office online to create all my postage labels, you just need to register to set up an account then you can add funds as and when you wish to for any amount... then simples...... just print off your required labels.

All postage  royal mail choices avaiable incuding 2nd class!!!

try this link:

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

For bigger / heavier parcels I now tend to use collect+ available at most local newsagents and its quite a bit cheaper if you have a heavier package

Login to Me Too

ldclarke
New Community Member

i agree total rubbish, another way for royal mail to bully the market by being the only provider and pay pal and ebay being prostitues of their services not offering to their customers but think corporate as usual. Good work who ever decided that hope you get a big bonus this year NOT!!!

Login to Me Too

selseybob
New Community Member

We all know this is just corporate strategy to protect profit margins by restricting less profitable (ie cheaper) postage options. If I read this correctly then it would seem that Roya Mail and/or the Post Office simply wish to withdraw the 2nd class service completely.

Let's just accept this for what it is.... we're going to get no help from PayPal 😞

Login to Me Too

Jacks-beanstalk
New Community Member

eBay and paypal do seem to be operating sharp practice here, will have to go directly to the royal mail website. This is a little time consuming and will increase the chance of data input errors :(. 

Not impressed. 

Login to Me Too

Sandown24
New Community Member

SORT IT OUT PAYPAL

WE NEED SECOND CLASS POSTAGE OPTION

WHY TAKE IT AWAY?

WHY!

WHY!

WHY!

WHY!

CRAP SERVICE

ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY BY TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY THE MORE EXPENSIVE POSTAGE SERVICES (MORE CONMMISSION FOR PAYPAL I GUESS)

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.