unfair outcome of case

stevemakka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

want an opinion and how to go about this.... bear with me.

sold an item on ebay, early september 2016, just a dj mixer, buyer took a week or so pay but as soon as he did we sent it off using myhermes (i know people will say theyre not a great company but i have used them and never had an issue), so it went no problem, then went away on holiday for 3 weeks, the week i came back mid october and got a message(no case raised) saying the item had not been delivered, attempted 3 times friday/saturday and monday, when i asked why these attempts werent acted upon the buyers reply was simple 'i wasnt prepared to take anytime off work to recieve the parcel'.... he never bothered to collect it from the information on the card either! so a few civil messages went either way then he raised a case, i responded to the case, escualted it and it was found in my favour on ebay... never heard anything more until the 1st of feb this year, buy raised a case on paypal, past all the relivant infomation and it has now been found not in my favour. According to myhemres the item has been disposd of and this whole situation is really getting to me as i feel ive done everything required of me as a seller and the issues have arrisen because of the buyer.

so hes been refunded and im £112 down, even more if you factor ive pay for postaged. it was only settled yesterday, has anyone any advice, whether it be 'get over it' or 'try this it worked for me' .... just i feel ive been really unfairly treated!

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevemakka

Well the buyer did not get his item whoevers fault it was so of course he has to have a refund.

BUT why did Hermes dispose of the item? Surely they should have returned it to you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stevemakka
Contributor
Contributor
But yet that's ok for me to lose out over £120 because someone who buys something is not prepared to be acommandating to recieve it! I've done everything required! My Hermes only keep items for 7days then dispose of the them if not collected! Just seems funny how PayPal didn't see it the same as eBay which is the platform the sale was undertaken on!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.