suspected scam

roxycat
New Community Member

i put an add on gumtree for x3 watches and received an email back and she was willing to pay £220 for all through paypal, she said she made a payment through paypal usung my email address. once i posted the items to her son in "nigeria" the payment would be into my account once i put the tracking number in, im very suspicious as i googled the address where it was to be posted to and fraud/scam came up on page. what to i do please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jakerobertsuk
Contributor
Contributor

It is a Scam dont send anything 

Be prepered for them to get abusive and personal 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.