selling

dawnydoop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, fairly new to selling on paypal, we have had money put into our paypal account, the product is being collected int he next hour and my husband is really worried that the product will be taken and then the money will go out of the paypal account .... that cant happen once its gone in can it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A buyer can file for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described with paypal.

Its very unlikely they will do so if they are collecting the item.

BUT you do not have any seller protection for items that are collected, for that reason ebay allow you to put on your auctions "cash on collection" for collect items only.

Also why accept paypal when you can have cash in hand on collection instantly and not pay any paypal fees  Smiley Happy

I have been selling on ebay for years and only had a handful of disputes, most were non receipt when i was more than happy to refund and then claim from RM with my tracking number (if i chose to send it that way), sometimes i just took the risk if it was low cost.

Whilst its highly unlikely your buyer will file a dispute you do have the option if your buyer agrees to refund the payment and then get them to pay cash HOWEVER warn the buyer that it may take a few days for the refund to process back to their funding source if they funded it via a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.