selling fees each month??

kiwi2england
Contributor
Contributor

Setting up a selling account.

Does eBay charge a selling fee EACH MONTH, regardless if I sell anything?

I have 2 or 3 items to sell, but not on a regular basis.

This is a message I am reluctant to agree to...

Use PayPal's automatic billing service to automatically pay your selling fees each month. You can review or cancel this billing agreement, or modify your funding sources, at any time. Simply log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click Billing Agreements.

Monthly Payment Details

Pay to:eBay Europe Sarl

Payment for:eBay Seller Fees

Currency:USD

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No they only debit your account when you have a fee to pay.

I have automatic billing on my account and sometimes don't list for 3 months, they only debit at the end of any month when i have sold items and have fees to pay in my ebay selling account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stuffystuff
Contributor
Contributor

You only get charged a fee each month regardless if you have a business seller account.  If you do not have a business seller account (ie most individual sellers) ebay will charge you a selling fee and a final value fee.  If you set up automatic payments these fees (selling fee and final value fee) will be taken automatically out of your paypal account each month which saves you forgetting to pay them.  If you have nothing to sell you will be charged nothing.  When you register with ebay you have a normal selling account first.  Hope this is not too confusing!

Login to Me Too

kiwi2england
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I will continue to set up my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.