refunds

peterm2
Contributor
Contributor

i returned, by agreement, some faulty goods, the seller says they have refunded my money via paypal, i have checked and nothing is showing, my question is how long after they refund will it show in my account, or is it instant and they are fibbing. many thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peterm2

Did you get an email from paypal to say that the refund had been issued?

Does the refund show in your transaction history ie is it just the balance where it is not showing?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peterm2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, nothing is showing at all, i suspect the seller is telling lies, do you know how long it takes before it should show on my account, it has been 3 working days now... many thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peterm2

The refund should show more or less instantly BUT may show as pending if its awaiting clearance from the sellers bank account.

But it would still show in your transaction history and balance AND you would have email confirmation.

I would double check that the seller used the ''refund'' option and did not ''send'' a payment instead, if he did the latter then double check he sent it to the correct email address with no typos.

Also if you have opened a dispute don't forget to escalate before it times out at 20 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

peterm2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for the response... I am not that savvy when it comes to this sort of thing, so when you say "open a dispute" or "escalate to a claim" then I have little idea as to what to do.. it's not that clear to a casual user... I have have lots of message dialog with the seller (is this a dispute?) and they have agreed to refund but obviously they just don't want to pay... I looked at the PayPal system and it took me to a contact page to the seller to send them a message telling them all I have told them up to this point... or do I have to start again.....many thanks for any assistance. .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peterm2

Well i am a casual user as well, its just i have been helping on here for a longggggggg while and learnt a thing or 2. Smiley Happy

You need to check with the seller FIRST what I said previously  >>

I would double check that the seller used the ''refund'' option and did not ''send'' a payment instead, if he did the latter then double check he sent it to the correct email address with no typos.

Then if you still think he has not refunded then you can open a dispute, if you CANNOT open a dispute then that means that he has refunded you.

You can file for item received but not as described via the resolve a problem link lower left of your paypal summary page > put in EVERYTHING that has happened including the tracking number to prove return of the item to the seller and escalate the dispute to a claim. Then paypal will review it all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

peterm2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I will try all you suggest and thanks for the assist...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.